If you have a can or two of pumpkin leftover from the holidays (or if you cooked your own pumpkin), here’s an easy, quick and absolutely delicious recipe for pumpkin drop biscuits. I made these, and they came out light, fluffy and so scrumptious that the kids and I cleared a plate of them in just a few minutes. Yeah…they’re that good!
Easy Pumpkin Drop Biscuits
Yield: 12 large biscuits. Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or turbinado
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 stick of butter (softened)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (1-8oz can)
- 1/2-1 cup of milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients with a mixer.
- Cut in the butter and then the pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add milk until it reaches a desired consistency. It should be doughy, but slightly wet.
- Using a spoon, drop spoon-sized dough balls onto a pre-greased cookie sheet or pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
These are delicious all on their own, or for some added scrumptious goodness, you can serve with cinnamon butter. The biscuits should come out light and fluffy.
- 1/2 stick softened butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp confectioners sugar made from raw can sugar
Whip ingredients together in a small bowl for 2-5 minutes, then serve with your biscuits.
If you’re worried about how healthy this recipe is, don’t stress. I used all organic/raw ingredients, and this is a great way to start out a morning with the family. Yes you can have your comfort food and health, too!
How would you serve these biscuits?