Here’s a great way to help someone go green this holiday season. Make a homemade “Have a Green Christmas” gift basket, and it’s sure to be a hit.
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oil
- Basket (I used this past year’s Easter basket)
- Leftover Holiday Ribbon (green goes great with this theme)
- Gift Tag
- Recycled Easter Grass or shredded paper
- 2 Recycled Bottles
- In your bottles, place white vinegar in one and baking soda in the other. One of these bottles I picked up at a thrift store for .25 cents, and the other is just a canning jar I am reusing.
- Place your grass or shredded paper in the bottom of your basket, and decorate the basket with ribbon (however you prefer).
- Tie ribbon around your bottles to make bows. I’m not the best at doing this part, so forgive me for not having very pretty bows. I may need to try Andrea’s homemade bows.
- Place your bottles including the essential oils bottle in the basket. Use the grass/paper to cushion the bottles so that they are protected from breaking.
- Using a gift tag (use a hole punch and a piece of string so that you can tie it to your basket), write instructions for a natural, all-purpose home cleaner.
Home cleaner directions:
For an all natural all purpose cleaner, mix together in a clean, empty spray bottle:
- 3/4 water
- 1/4 white vinegar
- 1TB baking soda
- 6 drops of essential oil
This gift costs just a few dollars to put together, and it’s a great way to impact someone’s life this year! They will learn to save money and clean their home with less toxins. A cute addition to this gift would be adding some pretty new washcloths. The most expensive part of this gift will be the essential oil
, so I recommend going with a smaller bottle than what I have pictured.
What do you think about this homemade gift idea? Be sure to check my list of other Special Gift Ideas
for this holiday season.