- The Thrifty Mama™ - http://www.thethriftymama.com -
Reader Question: How Do You Afford Organic Food?
Posted By Crystal Collins On November 16, 2011 @ 3:30 pm In Frugal Living,Organic and Green Living | 27 Comments
How do you afford organic food? This is a tough reader questions, that I hope to answer for you.
Lisa emailed me the following question:
I am changing from crap food to organic and natural after discovering the toxins and other things in my body.
I need help in finding savings on my food bill so that we can afford this. Can you please help me with this?
Also best places to shop for these type of foods as I believe you shop organic as well.
That’s such a great question Lisa, and I think that many many of my readers feel the same way that you do. This is one of the harder questions to answer, because so much of saving on organic can vary by location.
First thing you gotta do if you want to save money on organic foods, is put your sleuthing cap on.
1. Put out a question to your local friends on how they save locally. You can do this through Facebook, Twitter, Email or a Meetup Group. If you have a local forum for your neck of the woods, that would be a great place to start a discussion.
2. Start searching for ways to save on organic fods everywhere you go; whether it’s through a farmer’s market, a local outlet or markdowns at the grocery store. This means going into a store you might not normally visit, and checking out what they have to offer. If you normally avoid that Big Lots down the street, it’s time to check it out. You’d be surprised how much organic food they carry.
3. Check Local Harvest to find farmers and local resources you may not have known about.
5. Check out the Natural and Organic Grocery Stores page on my site, to see a list of stores and coupon matches for organic groceries.
Still not helping? Let’s pose this question to my readers. How do you save money on your organic foods? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Article printed from The Thrifty Mama™: http://www.thethriftymama.com
URL to article: http://www.thethriftymama.com/how-do-you-afford-organic-food.html
Copyright © 2012 The Thrifty Mama™. All rights reserved.