My husband and I have had our financial meeting for the month, and decided that it was time to go on a NO Spending Spree. I’m really excited about it, because we are going for an entire month without spending money on anything but bare essentials and bills.
Essential Spending Allowed:
- Regular Bills (ie. Rent, Electric etc…)
- Bare Essential Groceries Allowed: Milk, Bread, Eggs, Fresh Fruits and Leafy Greens
What we will NOT be spending money on:
- Eating Out
- Bulk Grocery Shopping (I’m stocked up now thanks to Costco)
- Thrift Store and Yard Sale Shopping (how will I ever survive this for a month?)
- Family Outings (will have to get creative here)
- Anything that is not an ABSOLUTE Need for Survival
This will not affect the deals that I post for you all on a weekly basis, but it will mean I can’t buy any of them. See how I sacrifice? This is going to take a lot of willpower.
In the past my family has done weeks and months where we limited our spending immensely, but nothing to this extent. Since I have a blogging event in Atlanta this weekend (BlogHer Food), we’re starting this NO Spending Spree on Sunday, May 22, 2011.
Have you done a NO Spending Spree with your family? How do you think we will be doing by the end of the month? And the ultimate question is, who’s brave enough to join us for a month? I would love to have some friends to be accountable with. You can leave a comment by clicking here.