- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour (freshly milled if you have it)
- 1 cup organic succanat (do 3/4 cup if you want it less sweet) *substitute sugar
- 1 can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut milk (I used vanilla flavored) *substitute milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I do a little more than this)
- 1/2 cup of organic raisins (more if you like a lot of raisins)
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add wet ingredients (all except raisins) and use a hand blender to mix. Mix until well blended (about 1-2 minutes). Add in raisins and fold in with a spoon. Place batter into oiled muffin pan, and bake for 20 minutes on 350. Makes about 24 muffins.
These turned out very light and fluffy, and have that nice fall flavor we all love. Use for breakfasts or a snack.
Love pumpkin? Check out this and more pumpkin recipes here.