I’m not really sure how else to preface this recipe other than to say: OH EM GEE. Did I just lose cool points doing that? Sorry cool kids but this soup makes me feel some type a way, and I’m not afraid to look a little ridiculous typing silly nonsense in a blog post. This savory fall recipe for ultimate tomato soup is just about the best thing I have eaten all year. No kidding. Hands down. This soup. Oh my goodness….I couldn’t stop eating it. I actually had to force myself to stop because I would have just kept going.
I made up a batch of this soup for a friend that was visiting, and she could not stop drooling and raving over it. If you want a good “go-to” soup for Fall that will knock people’s socks off…this is it.
Ok, now that I’ve prefaced this post with how ridiculously good this soup is, I’m going to give you the recipe. And seriously, go make this, this week! Otherwise I’m deducting cool points from you.
- 2 quarts of Pacific Naturals Organic Tomato Soup
- 2 cups of mushrooms (cut)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 cup ground hamburger meat (you could also use tofu)
- 1 TB garlic granules
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large pot, combine tomato soup, mushrooms and onions.
- Turn on high to bring to slight boil.
- As you are bringing this to a boil, brown your ground beef in a pan with the garlic and salt.
- Add meat to the soup mixture and once it comes to a full boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Allow to cool slightly and top with shredded white cheddar cheese.
I use this brand of tomato soup, so I’m not sure how this will turn out if you use another brand. It may be just as good, but then again…..who wants to mess with perfection? Well, if you do make this savory fall recipe and try another brand or try the exact recipe, let me know what you think! And I have yet to try this with tofu, but that’s my next adventure.
Do you love it as much as I do? Please please please tell me that you do! And Happy Fall (almost)!