Seasonal eating is fun, easy, and nutritious with this Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skinned and cubed
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey + additional for glazing top
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 qt glass casserole or 8X8 pan with coconut oil.
- Mix sweet potatoes, apples, vanilla, cinnamon, oil, and honey until potatoes and apples are coated.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Sprinkle coconut, oats, and nuts over the top.
- Glaze lightly with additional honey.
- Cover with aluminum foil or glass lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the lid and bake another 10 minutes until topping is lightly golden brown.
My kids cannot get enough of this dish. It’s sweet and nutritious.
Sweet potatoes include high amounts of necessary nutrients, such as:
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
Other vitamins and minerals in sweet potatoes include:
Eat your sweet potatoes for dessert. What an easy and delicious way to add in some seasonal produce!Print This Post