- The Thrifty Mama™ - http://www.thethriftymama.com -
Travel Tips from Mom’s Travel Tales
Posted By Crystal Collins On March 28, 2011 @ 4:50 pm In Arts and Entertainment,Frugal Living | 14 Comments
I had the opportunity to interview Amy Gross from Mom’s Travel tales this past week. Amy takes her family on about five trips a year, so I just new I had to pick her brain on how she does it. She shared some amazing tips that I think you all will find save you some money this year. If you cannot see the video in your reader or email, click here.
A few points that Amy made:
1. Your traveling doesn’t have to be a luxurious vacation. Go somewhere nearby and you’ll still feel like you’re getting a nice vacation.
2. Be intentional with where you are going, and make the journey part of the vacation. It doesn’t have to be just about getting from point A to point B. Find the adventures along the way so that you are maximizing the money spent on gas.
3. When traveling with children, always keep sharpies and zip lock bags on hand. Use the sharpie to label drinks with initials, and you can label bags you may not have intended on checking. Soiled clothes or souvenirs can go in zip lock bags, and then you can label the bags with your sharpie.
4. If you’re going to Walt Disney World or Disney Land, be intentional:
5. Best travel tip for those on a budget: Think of the ways you can cut back without feeling like you are scrimping and saving. Breakfast is a big way that you can save. Keep yogurt, milk or orange juice and fruit in your room. Or, you can stay at a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast.
Thank you all for joining me for a week of Travel talk and tips. Where are you heading on vacation this year, and what is your best travel tip for those on a budget?
Article printed from The Thrifty Mama™: http://www.thethriftymama.com
URL to article: http://www.thethriftymama.com/travel-tips-moms-travel-tales.html
Copyright © 2012 The Thrifty Mama™. All rights reserved.